« lets get all knocked up n'shit | Main | Meanwhile Benefit for Ben »

September 10, 2008

Note to Self

Top Ten Things to Tell/Ask Sarah Palin

1. You wouldn't be where you are if it wasn't for community organizers (suffragists etc).

2. Just because you are the first woman VP candidate doesn't make you a feminist.

3. How can you simultaneously want a hands-off government, yet support laws on my body?

4. How can you simultaneously believe in killing animals and carrying guns and be pro-life?

5. How can you live in Alaska, full of wildlife, and not believe that pollution is wrong?

6. Why do you believe in 'abstinence only education,' your daughter obviously didn't get the message??

7. How can you look yourself in the mirror everyday when you don't believe in abortions for victims of rape or incest?

8. How can you care for a disabled child and not believe in universal health care for all?

9. To be a true patriot is to stand up to the powers that be to make things right, not stand as a pawn for the status quo.

10. Jesus was a community organizer.

Posted by emma at September 10, 2008 8:49 PM

Comments

I just read a similar post by Rebecca Walker. Check it out:

Posted by: Anthony at September 11, 2008 5:51 AM

Ha! Guess I'm not the only one!!

Posted by: Emmr at September 11, 2008 9:49 AM

PREACH!

Posted by: ryan at September 11, 2008 12:33 PM

Have you heard this bit by Matt Damon regarding Palin? It's right on. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/10/matt-damon-on-palin-like_n_125334.html

Posted by: Ryan at September 11, 2008 12:35 PM

I have objections to points 4 and 5 simply because they inaccurately frame those positions in an indefensible way. (not that I disagree with the spirit of the criticism, well except for the gun carrying)

But yeah she sucks.

That being said, why is no one questioning her education. I have the same level of education as her. She studied journalism at the University of Idaho and went on to become a sportscaster, which her beauty queen background I'm sure helped her with. She's a trained talking lady, like Susanne Geeha. Her VP slot is to get the religious right pumped up.

I actually love her in the race, US politics are all tabloid bullshit anyway, she's made it more fun.

Posted by: Anonymous at September 15, 2008 4:15 AM

But yeah she sucks.

Posted by: outobol at September 15, 2008 4:15 AM

thanks for the comment. im glad i got that out of my system. now i dont feel like thinking about her anymore or speaking her name.

Posted by: emma at September 17, 2008 2:41 PM