· Do you know Jorge Ramos? Well you should! He's been lead anchor for Univision's respected Noticiero Univion for 20 years. He's respected and is quite handsome. Much like an American anchor... Anderson Cooper! Though, Mr. Cooper emotes a little much and hasn't been in the game as long. Seeing Ramos debate Lou Dobbs on The Situation Room a few nights ago I realized the similarity between these two. I was going to call Jorge Ramos the Mexican Anderson Cooper, but really it's the other way around. Anderson Cooper is the American Jorge Ramos. Hoorah for Jorge!
· My dad was set to retire from GM in November. Since 2000 he's been commuting from Grand Rapids to Lansing. With GM's recent plant shutdowns and layoffs, he'd expected to be laid off from now until November. GM is now offering certain, qualified employees a buyout and my dad's probably going to take it. He wouldn't get any benefits, but my mom will be working for another 15 years and will probably be able to cover it. There's a chance GM won't even be around in the future and he'd lose his benefits anyway.
Next week will probably be my dad's last week of work. Last year he took classes (that GM paid for) while being laid off- classes to get his captain's license. As a captain he now plans to take people on afternoon cruises (not fishing charters)around Grand Haven at $350 for 4 hours. I told him people wouldn't pay that much just to ride a boat and he disagreed. I then asked,
"What if people want some privacy in the cabin below?"
"That's just fine. But they'd have to brign their own sheets or towels or whatever. There will be no cum stains on my boat!"
He says he's also getting a tattoo of the boat "logo". Since we were discussing tattoos I showed them mine from last summer and told them I'd be getting another. They were actually cool with it all.
· I went with Tom and Elise to an art show in Ann Arbor and found that Guillaume is now in a club of seven saints being venerated. Good for him! And I warmed my hands in several of Sara's muffs.
· I wanted to show a picture of a seal I saw in Monterey but accidentally added a ridiculous filter. I'm showing it anyway.
· I'm very pleased with my tax returns.
· In your mothafuckin face!
(I can't string together more than 2 lucid sentences anymore...)