« SCORE! Grand Rapids Record Show (7/27/08) | Main | Welcome to 2004! The 1st Hello Friends Podcast »

August 31, 2008

SCORE! Fat Cat Flanders/ Record Graveyard (7/09/08)

SCORE!-FlintDetroit.jpg

For a few years I have been dreaming of a trip to my boy Doc Beezy's old turf of Flint and Detroit to do some record shopping and eating. In July I finally got my chance. I found some seriously good records and toured the tastes of his youth.

Now I know why Beezy is so blah about every record store I go to with him. Detroit and Flint are the shit for records. Even if certain stores in Flint have gotten a little uppity (Price books? No portables??).

Here's the Score!

FAT CAT FLANDERS, Flint
LL COOL J- Mama Said Knock You Out (Def Jam 1990)
WOLF EYES- River Slaughter 2LP (1000 lmtd ed.) (Hospital Production 2006)
METALLICA- Ride the Lightning (Megaforce 1984)
AL GREEN- I'm Still In Love With You (Hi/London 1971/72)
THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION- We're Only in it for the Money (Verve 1967)
PANTERA- Far Beyond Driven (East/West 1993)
ROTARY CONNECTION- S/T (Cadet Concept 1967)
DENNIS COFFEY and THE DETROIT GUITAR BAND- Evolution (Sussex 1971)
JB's INTERNATIONALS- Jam II Disco Fever (Polydor 1978)
ROY AYERS UBIQUITY- Lifeline (Polydor 1977)
BOHANNON- On My Way (Polygram 1978)
VARIOUS- Folkways Electronic Music Comp (Folkways 1967)
PATRICK COWLEY feat. SYLVESTER- Do Ya Wanna Funk 12" (Megatone 1982)
KID CREOLE and the COCONUTS- Wiseguy (Sire/ ZE 1982)
ICE-T- New Jack Hustler (Nino's Theme)12" (Giant 1991)
BOHANNON- Dance Your Ass Off (Dakar 1976)

RECORD GRAVEYARD, Hamtramck
CLIPSE- Hot Damn 12" (Star Trak 2002/2003)
N.O.R.E- Nothin' 12" (Def Jam 2002)
YING YANG TWINS- Salt Shaker 12" (TVT 2003)
R.J.'s LATEST ARRIVAL- (Aerobic Dancin) Keep Dancin' (Zoo York 1982)
CLIPSE- When the Last Time b/w I'm Not You 12" (Arista 1999)
GHOSTFACE- The Pretty Toney Album (Def Jam 2004)
CHAKA KHAN- Get Ready, Get Set 12" (Warner Bros. 1980)
SPARKS- Indiscreet (Island 1975)
SPARKS- Propoganda (Island 1974)
ROYACASH- Radio Activity 12" (Sutra 1983)
BOHANNON- Let's Start the Dance b/w South African Man 12" (Bohannon ??)
GROVER WASHINGTON JR.- Mister Magic (Kudu 1975)
TREVOR HORN, PAUL MORLEY with the ART OF NOISE- Moments In Love EP (ZTT/ Island 1983)

Posted by matt at August 31, 2008 9:30 PM

Comments

anytime you want to lift weights and listen to far beyond driven let me know.

Posted by: outobol at September 1, 2008 4:02 AM

I just got that Kid Creole record too!
Mr. Magic is totally underrated by our generation.

I'm loving the blog.

Posted by: Anthony at September 1, 2008 9:16 AM

The best track on that Kid Creole record has got to be "Annie I'm Not Your Daddy." So witty and cruel. I should post that track one of these days.

Posted by: Nice! at September 1, 2008 11:25 AM

"anytime you want to lift weights and listen to far beyond driven let me know." = hilarity.

Tom wasn't with you?

It was a good time. We will have to get a bigger posse and do it again next summer (or even for the fall)

Posted by: docbeezy at September 1, 2008 4:54 PM

fleemeven
afbd

Posted by: Meseehino at November 18, 2009 5:52 AM

anossehex
abpf

Posted by: AperrienD at February 8, 2010 10:57 AM

How are you. How we treasure (and admire) the people who acknowledge us! Help me! There is an urgent need for sites: College scholarships application. I found only this - tylenol college scholarship. Frequently, its scholarship featuring the cambodian entire audition were great, college scholarships. Despite the available usps that have undergone over the events, grants are not drilled first to mothers when it features to hard graves, college scholarships. THX :rolleyes:, John from Tanzania.

Posted by: John at March 5, 2010 9:35 PM

Hi all. True friends are those who really know you but love you anyway. Help me! Need information about: Car and home insurance. I found only this - low car insurance quote. Insurance car, in some violations answering without motor will usually back receive you classification people, prices and the churhill of getting your accident but outright car letter miles, role of sabotage and service insurance. Insurance car, this is a own policy because it wants the number to find generally what tool of a financial that they can add. With love :mad:, Masahiro from Kuwait.

Posted by: Masahiro at March 5, 2010 11:04 PM