« sing a song | Main | sayings »

December 6, 2006

the 'burbs

i love the movie the burbs.... i can't seem really to find many that do. is there anyone else out there at was entertained by this comedy!? i haven't seen it in such a long time and finally it came up in my queue on netflix.

next i need to watch flight of the navigator.

for some reason i really wanted to blog about this movie... and i felt i had more to say. but it's late and i need sleep!

Posted by jennifer at December 6, 2006 11:39 PM

Comments

I definitely am a fan. It is so over the top and it has Cory Feldman in it. I especially like when the white-haired neighbor is up on the powerlines talking on a gigantic walkie-talkie.

Posted by: peter at December 7, 2006 5:34 AM

I must say, I watched that movie at least 30 times as a kid. I loved it. In fact, I think you've inspired me to watch it again. Thank you.

Posted by: marianne at December 7, 2006 6:30 AM

outobol and I were just talking about this.

I can quote this whole movie. I love it. My wife watches it EVERY NIGHT when she goes to bed.

we are a burbs family for sure. Its soo good.

Posted by: docbeezy at December 7, 2006 6:45 AM

What a great post.

How about that scene when the creepy family rolls back into the neighborhood while Tom Hanks & Co. are searching their basement. The scene cuts to the old boat of a car rolling about 10 MPH, every occupant with a grim look on his face, and a sustained organ blast accompanies it. So funny. So good.

The white haired guy calls the kid with the beard "Hans." Genious.

I've been nervous to watch those classic Disney flicks (Flight of the Navigator, The Boy Who Could Fly, et. al.) because of what happened when I watched The Wizard (admittedly not Disney): I couldn't stand how lame it was now.

Posted by: jdawe at December 7, 2006 7:26 AM

yes! i watched this movie so much as a kid. i too love that moment especially when the old white hair dude is on top of the roof and eating animal crackers and yelling at cory feldman's posse.

i'm so glad other people feel my love for this movie! i need to watch it again or at least buy it.

Posted by: jen at December 7, 2006 9:37 AM

"white haired guy" is Mark Rumsfield.

He calls Ricky Butler's friend a "Lame-o"

Posted by: docbeezy at December 7, 2006 9:40 AM

thanks beez.

Posted by: jen at December 7, 2006 10:25 AM

I love when the Pizza dude shows up that and the chanting part.

Posted by: outobol at December 7, 2006 4:49 PM

i have never seen this film.

Posted by: george at December 7, 2006 5:33 PM

george, you have never seen this film!? you MUST. it's such a classic!

also "do the right thing" shall be coming back to MI with me.

Posted by: jen at December 7, 2006 5:50 PM

This film is pure classic. "once they get in here, its over pal" classic moment.

Posted by: Claude at December 13, 2006 8:27 PM